Saturday, February 03, 2007

Partner-hunting

January was a fairly mixed month overall. I've been pleasantly busy with work and various social things - various celebrations of two engagements in my circle of ex-oxford dancer friends. Healthwise its been fairly good. Itching is annoying but still seemingly as liable to improve as get worse. Actually I've noticed a very strong correlation between itching and lack-of-sleep/stress. Even just a normal part-time week at work with one or two extra late nights and/or early mornings can make it noticably worse, so I'm taking even more extra care of myself.

Irritations this month include my stupid bloody car. I had the engine revamped at cost of nearly £400 to myself and now it sounds like the catalytic converter and other bits are buggered too - more money! The garage who are doing it are annoying me and taking ages to sort anything out. That's car garages for you though I think, so just lumping that one.

On the dance-partner side things were fairly quiet. I had a great tryout with an American girl who was moving over here to study, and I was all set to take it further, but one day after the tryout she heard her father had suffered a heart-attack and had to fly home to Boston. So unless I want to move to Boston, thats another option out. I've literally just sat down and emailed about 20 more girls so fingers crossed *something* will come of that.

Only about 8 weeks of school left now until Easter when I'm giving it up. Still a little hazy as to what I'll be doing at that point, but that will hopefully get clearer when I've finally found a dance partner. That's the number one priority at the moment (besides spending money fixing my car), so watch this space.

No comments: