Sunday, November 27, 2005

The big food dilemma

The biggest problem with hospital is the food. To be honest it is absolutely gross - so much so that the smell of hospital meals puts me right off eating. The last two times I was in hospital it was as a result of an emergency admission so I never really got to prepare, but this time I'm trying to be a bit more cunning. Current plan is to use the kettle in my room and a plastic pot to cook pasta for dinner sometimes, then other times ask the nurses to microwave something that's been brought in by my family to eat. Lunchtimes I'll try and get to the hospital shop for one of their less-bad sandwiches. Moral of the story? If you're thinking of visiting, bring me something nice :)

I did consider smuggling a small cooker or microwave in with me, but that might just be non-regulation! Besides if they think I'm objecting to their food too strongly they might tube me up, so sly is the word...

If this post is rambling a bit, my apologies. Had a fairly sleepless night last night after I woke up after 2 hours sleep in pain then took a hefty dose of mega-painkillers to the point that I was too wibbly to be able to sleep. Doh! Said wibbliness and lack of sleep is still affecting me a bit - I keep cocking up the easy Su Dokus. Thats my excuse anyway, and I'm sticking with it.

Just quickly, am in mourning for the loss of my favourite Strictly Come Dancing couple who went out last night. What they lacked in quality they made up for in entertainment factor, a principle I've always followed in my own dancing!!

No comments: