Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Good day/Scary day

Had an awesome day yesterday. Felt very chirpy and got various bits and bobs done. Then, bit out of the blue, Sharon came round mid-afternoon and we gossiped almost non-stop for 6 hours, including a cheeky little bit of dancing in the living room until I got knackered. Was lovely to catch up, and set the world to rights.

Then today I got up feeling nearly as good, and ready to tackle a small IT task for my dad. Before I got to that though another PC decided to die vigorously and I found myself running between 3 different PC's, poking around the innards with a screwdriver and swearing a lot. This kept me so busy that by 6pm I realised I'd just done an entire day's worth of something approaching work, which was great! Unfortunately I then pulled a muscle in my weedy and skinny little back and had to take lots of painkillers and be a wimp for a bit. Still, sounds something like progress to me - couldn't have coped with today's exertions a couple of weeks ago when I was in bed all day.

Bittersweet moment coming up tomorrow morning. Last time I was in South Africa with mum she bought a Clavinova electric piano which I used to play to her while she lay sick on the sofa. When mum came back to the UK shortly after we tried getting the thing shipped over here, but it took so long that its only just arrived, 3 weeks after she died. Its going to come to me, which is great, as it'll be something to do while I'm ill, though its a shame I never got to play it to her over here...

Also tomorrow will find out if they do really have a bed for me in the hospital, or if it was just another deadline that will pass without trace. Half torn now about going in. I want the tests, and I want to get on and talk about transplants, and yet with me feeling a bit better I'm beginning to enjoy being a free man!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

clavinova? wow! well, now it's finally coming to you, you can get to working on the (not) incredibly complicated rhythm line in Superstition by Stevie Wonder....that's gotta be one to cheer a person up from the get-go.

Del said...

Yes! What Chris said.