Friday, December 22, 2006

Beyond the blip

I've been a bit worried recently about what seemed like a bit of a resurge of itching and tiredness. The last few days, however, I've felt much better. Now whether that means the extra-itching was a blip or the non-itching is a blip in an otherwise downward trend is unsure, but I'll assume its a good thing for the moment and keep taking great care of myself!

Term has finished now - I had a great end of term assembly. I took part in a little rock performance by a few staff. I was on keyboards. I think the kids were a bit surprised! Not anything as surprised though as when I turned up later in full dance costume (yes, the tight stuff with rhinestones) with Alice - a friend of mine from Oxford in full glitzy dance costume - and performed a small dance on stage. I think I have some new fans - though whether thats a good thing or not remains to be seen when I'm back teaching again next term.

Quite unbelievably Charles (my brother) and I are still fiddling about with admin and paperwork from my mum's estate. Still, I honestly think we're finally getting to the end of it, though the Inland Revenue have just informed us one of the small items in the inheritance has been passed to a whole separate department. Great.

I'm looking forward to Christmas with the family now. The plan is to have a few days at my Dad's, then 2 days over in Ireland for my little nephew's christening. Back to Wimbledon for a few days then off to Amsterdam for New Years. All very exciting.

Merry Christmas to all of you and Happy New Year!

No comments: