Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Dancing and Itching

Finding a new dance partner is turning in to a very frustrating experience. I had a tryout on Monday night with an American girl. She was very nice, but I'm not completely sure if she was strong enough at technique. On the plus side she is basically free most days of the week as she doesn't have too many work commitments. Still, I've got to wait until January when another girl comes accross from the USA who sounds like she could be very good. I really can't wait to get training, but I guess there's really no choice at the moment.

On a separate note, I got a letter from Dr. O'Grady today about my last blood test results. My bilirubin levels and some of the other liver enzyme levels have risen a little since the last test, though overall he is happy to leave it another 4 months until he sees me again. From my point of view the itch has gone noticably worse over the last few weeks - to the point it sometimes wakes me up in the night. Its concentrated my mind again on my health, so I'm taking more care about getting early nights, drinking more water, eating a lower-fat diet thats easier on my liver, and making sure I avoid alcohol even more (I had been allowing myself around one pint a week!)

The flat below mine has finally gone on the market now, with an eye-catching price of £315,000! Considering its a basement/ground-floor flat which I think is inherently less desirable than my light-and-bright 1st & 2nd floor flat then I think buying 6 months ago at £275,000 was clearly a good investment. I even considered putting my flat on the market and seeing if there's somewhere I can move to much further outside London which would have some suitable space (like a double garage) to turn into a mini dance studio. Can't really find anything suitable at the moment, but I'll revisit the idea in a while as long as house prices are going up in my area so strongly.

No comments: