Monday, January 05, 2009

Back to work... or possibly not.

It's 4:20am on Monday morning of the first day of the new school term as I write this. Since sleeping all day last Thursday I've got locked in to a cycle of sleeping during the day and being awake all night. On Saturday I forced myself to stay awake all day anyway, but still only slept for 45 minutes before becoming wide awake at midnight and staying up til 7am. So today I just gave in and slept during the day instead as otherwise I'll make myself ill through lack of sleep.

I've just emailed in to work to let them know I won't go in today. I'm going to head to bed shortly and try and get some sleep, and then later today I'll head home to my flat and experiment to see if I can maybe sleep better in my own bed than at my Dad's. I hope not, as I've enjoyed being at Dad's, and also my flatmates are off skiing at the moment so it'll be a bit dull at home.

No news from the hospital, of course. I shall have to think of a pretext later on in the week to phone them and find out if there's been any movement. I'm sure I must be completely transparent, but then at this point who cares!

No comments: