Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Holding pattern

I managed to sleep for 13 hours last night, which is a record for the last few months. I still woke up at midnight, but just managed to lull myself back to sleep fairly easily this time.

Unfortunately I woke up feeling woozy, and stayed pretty washed out all day. In fact its 20 to 9 in the evening and I'm feeling exhausted again so I'm heading to bed shortly.

The only update I have had from the hospital is that last week they did 4 transplants. However the person I spoke to didn't know what blood types they were so it doesn't leave me any-the-wiser. I really didn't want to be waiting in to the new year/new term and so these weeks feel very wierd. I have a suspicion that its not going to be long now but I don't really know what to do with myself. I'm willing the days to go by, but as everyone knows the more you want time to pass the slower it appears to.

I feel very much inclined to just sit at home and do nothing and zombie my way through the remaining wait. This is a new feeling, as I've always wanted to do things and achieve things before, but somehow I just feel 'usefuled' out. It really is time for this damned operation now...

No comments: