Sunday, January 11, 2009

Time flies

Well, that's good - its late on Sunday already. Time is going by quite fast, and I'm quite happy to let it do that. I'm not doing anything productive, nor really doing any work, but I'm sort of zombie-ing it out. I bought the complete series 1-7 of The West Wing on DVD which arrived on Saturday so when I'm awake at nights its been enjoyable to watch some of that.

I'm still *always* waking up at around midnight and not getting to sleep til 3 or 4 at the earliest. In fact its 11pm now and I can feel myself getting gradually more awake. I'm just giving in to it now as battling just makes me miserable.

I'm occasionally looking at work emails but it sounds like they're getting on fine without me. My energy levels are pretty low so I can't see myself achieveing much even if I went it to work at the moment, though I'll try and put in at least one appearance this week I think.

I'm going to consider a few options of excuses to call the hospital tomorrow to try and get an update. Not that it makes any difference in the end, but it would be nice to feel there's still progress going on.

I went to see my family today. I spent quite some time with my brother and nephew particularly (who tired me out no end). Little Patrick was rather cute when I was falling asleep on the sofa early in the evening and kept piling cushions on me to "keep a warm unc didi", and bringing me some of his Thomas the Tank Engine toys while I was sleepy.

Anyway, time marches on. In a melodramatic moment of feeling down during one night I started writing a crap poem about how I felt, but luckily for you I never finished it and have discarded it. It was terrible. I always get urges toward the melodramatic but frankly it does nobody any good to give in to these things!

No comments: