Tuesday, November 11, 2008

It's a bug's life...

I've just had two days off work with some sort of strange fluey-ish/stomachy bug thing. Its remarkably similar to something I had about a month ago so I'm wondering whether it might not even be a bug but just a bout of 'liveryness'. Either way, not very pleasant, and I spent most of the time in bed or suffering from squiffy innards (to put it politely).

The timing of these things is particularly irritating. Both this one and the last time round seemed to start on a Monday, and lasted 2 or 3 days, which manages to knock out the majority of my school teaching which is mostly timetabled early in the week. I still have to set cover-work for the classes, of course, and I keep feeling guilty that the poor little buggers aren't getting much of a good deal. Fortunately I've now told most of them why I've been off a fair bit, but that still doesn't make it much better, nor for my poor colleagues who are having to cover the lessons.

I also feel a bit giulty for Nick and Sarah, my flatmates, who are doing a truly wonderful job of putting up with me sitting about looking sorry for myself and failing to help them with housework while I waft back and forwards from bed. I've made a large vat of turkey soup today though which I shall hope to use to make some amends!

Frankly the whole thing is a bit tiresome, and serves to underscore yet again just how much I want to get on with the damned transplant. At one point yesterday I even managed to get a bit excited when the next year's list of amateur latin dancesport national ranking competitions was published. With a bit of luck I'll make at least 3 of them toward the end of next year once I'm better. And that is the thought I shall be sticking with - focus on positives!

No comments: