Thursday, December 11, 2008

An expensive and disappointing day

Being awake until 3:30am is turning in to a habit. I just seem to be wide awake when I go to bed, and completely dopey during the day. Not only that, but I'm getting forgetful. When I came home from work yesterday I parked my car in a bay that clearly says will be suspended from 9:30 to 5:30 today. I thought this wouldn't be a problem as I'd be off at work.
This morning, when I woke up feeling exhausted it failed to cross my mind at all, and I sogged around on the sofa (obviously taking yet another day off work), until about 10:30 when I went back to sleep for 4 hours. When I woke up there was a text from Camden Parking Services telling me my car had been impounded.
To cut the long story short, I just had to take public transport to the place, pay £260, and drive home.
This is definitely not like me, I get paranoid about these things and don't make silly mistakes. I'm also just feeling generally 'off'. Just not concentrating as well on anything. It all points toward hepatic encephalopathy (brain inflammation due to liver disease), and it concerned me enough to ring the transplant team at Kings.

They've told me to see my GP tomorrow who can assess whether I am indeed suffering from encephalopathy, and can also find out more about why my intestines seems have stopped bothering very hard when it comes to digesting food (I shan't go into the unpleasant details...)

I kind of know its encephalopathy from previous experience, but if the GP confirms it I will be referred to a registrar at Kings who can take it further to make sure I'm looked after while I'm waiting on the list. I asked about the list as well, and I was told it had been very quiet for the last week or so, and that nobody on the A list has been transplanted.

So all in all an expensive, and disappointing day.

No comments: