Tuesday, December 23, 2008

No news is indifferent news

About time I posted an update I think, but there's little to report. The meeting in hospital ended up being just a short meeting with a surgical registrar who told me only things that I already knew about the procedure, and ventured nothing more than "within 6 months" when I asked about the waiting list. I was irritated when he said "but you're surely in no rush?" but decided to just ignore it.

I got over the annoyance within 24 hours and feel just resigned to the fact that I have several more weeks of waiting ahead in all probability. For some reason the whole transplant list has severaly slowed down, and I just have to live with it.

I had a nice weekend. I went to visit friends on Saturday night to watch the final of Strictly Come Dancing (can't believe Tom Chambers won - he was rubbish). Sunday I relaxed all day and went on a rather pleasant date in the evening where I managed to say absolutely nothing at all about my liver for the whole evening (hooray for a modicom of normality).
Today after recoiling in shock at the estimated cost of getting my car fixed up for MOT I've decided to bite the bullet and replace it. Driving round car dealerships and looking at used cars was actually brilliant fun. Again, wonderfully normal. Finally, this evening, I went round for a really nice dinner and chat with my friend Pete who is back from Silicon Valley for Christmas, and caught up with him.

So it's good to be feeling ok-ish while on school hols, and I'm actually looking forward to Christmas at long last, rather than dreading getting there having not had 'the call'. Roll on 2009.

PS Thanks to everyone who has been in touch who is reading this blog. I'm very touched and humbled by your kind words.

No comments: