Monday, December 29, 2008

Progress at last

I just spoke to a really nice transplant coordinator at Kings who gave me a promising update. I am currently 5th on the blood-type-A waiting list, but one of the people ahead of me has voluntarily suspended themselves, putting me at least temporarily 4th. Of these, two are rather obese patients, apparently, who would require larger livers. I'd like to think that puts me 2nd in line for a liver of my relevant type.

Apparently they did a transplant on Christmas morning! I'm really chuffed to bits that finally there has been some movement. Come on delayed-Santa, bring me that transplant!

In other news my replacement car that I've bought will be ready on Wednesday morning, and my flat's heating has been (re)fixed (again) so we have heat. Life is good.

No comments: