Saturday, April 18, 2009

Easter Holidays week 2

By 'eck, I've been busy. I spent the weekend continuing the Great Clearup, and recovering from my big night out. On Sunday night I went to see 'Knowing' at the cinema, followed by a trip to a bar and proceeded to get back to my car in the car park after it had closed for the night. Monday morning I went to retreieve the aforementioned vehicle (£21 - ouch!), shredded about a tonne of old bills and statements, and went to St. Albans to take Patrick out to the park and on a train ride.

On Tuesday I finally got stuck in to filling in some forms and making some phonecalls that I'd been putting off for months. In the evening I went to the Albert Hall to watch the London Philharmonic Orchestra spectacularly accompany the film "Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring" with its original soundtrack (I got goosebumps!). On Wednesday I met with a financial advisor from NatWest who I took an immediate dislike to, and shredded more paper (not at the same time).

Thursday - ah now that was a good day. I woke up at 6:45am, bounded out of bed and got ready quickly, then jumped in to the car and headed over to Oxford. I got there just after 9am, and started helping out at an Oxford University Dancesport Team dance workshop. Absolutely brilliant fun, I was helping one of the coaches demonstrate, and occasionally taking small groups to teach them too. The day lasted 6 hours in total - 3 in the morning, break for lunch, then 3 in the afternoon. I hardly sat down once, so that counts as at least 5 hours of dancing. My feet certainly hurt afterwards, and in the following two days my back and legs have been very pleasantly sore. I'm absolutely over the moon about it - I can dance again! Can't wait to get back properly now. In the evening I met up with Sarah, my dance partner, and we had a brilliant catch up.

Yesterday (Friday), I took an enormous quantity of shredded paper, old clothes, old books, old electrical bits and bobs to Camden's Reuse&Recycling center. In the evening I took the tube to The O2 (alias the Millenium Dome) to see the controversial Russell Brand do a comedy show. He was excellent, and sent himself and the media up very amusingly, although the warmup act was pretty terrible and they wasted irritating quantities of time before and after (until I left) with getting the crowd to cheer, clap and fake-laugh so they could film us for the DVD and for some film. 

Today's plan is to see Dad and Carole for lunch, back here to have a second go at pruning my clothes and books, then perhaps out tonight - maybe something salsa-related, I'm not sure yet.

Tomorrow I'm planning to take Patrick to Beaconscot Model Railway, then in the evening I'm going with a large group of friends to see La Clique at the Hippodrome, again. Did I mention that YOU MUST GO TO SEE IT? Oh yes, I think I did...

Work starts on Monday (hooray!), and I'm going in at least 4 days, probably all 5, at least for the mornings. On Thursday I'm at clinic again.

No comments: