Sunday, April 19, 2009

A positive blip

I've been worried since that trip to A&E about getting a reoccurrence of the twisted intestines. I'm 90% sure it happened again this morning. I woke up and felt a sharp pain in my abdomen, but this time I knew what it was. First of all I figured that if I turned over and relaxed then it could well relax and untwist/unherniate itself naturally. A few minutes after I did then I immediately felt bubbles moving showing that whatever was blocked had cleared. It still stayed sore, and I felt it was a bit at risk of coming back, so I took two Buscopans (anti muscle-spasm medication), and a couple of painkillers, and within 20 minutes I'd fallen back asleep. I woke up again 90 minutes later feeling absolutely fine!

That really is very good indeed. The hospital had warned that reoccurrence might mean an operation next time, but it turns out that whatever the issue is, then there's a much greater probability that I can deal with it easily myself. In the grand scheme of things then the downside of that happening occasionally is just nothing compared to the absolute joy I am experiencing every day with my newfound energy, drive, and enthusiasm. 

More positives - even from a negative!

No comments: