Tuesday, December 06, 2005

All about food and stomachs

Not a bad night's sleep last night. Not bad at all, and to top it off I had a good snooze during the morning too. After all of that I've felt fairly energetic today. That's the good part.

Unfortunately I'm all suffering a bit from the return of gastritis. Its kind of like permanent indigestion due to an excess of acid. I've been put back on two different types of medication to try and sort it out, but its a bit of a pain in the, er, stomach.

Otherwise today has been fairly straight-forward. Chef's face looked so miserable when he asked me if I wanted dinner that I relented and chose something to make him feel better. Miraculously it wasn't inedible - it did look like he'd made a special effort. Even more amazingly they'd only slightly overcooked the broccoli. Bit unfortunate that it came at the same time as another bout of gastritis, oh and also that they forgot to give me a fork. You can't have everything!

Today has also been gossip day. I've heard some great gossip about the school I used to work in, and also some great little tidbits about the world of professional latin-american dancing. Ah, connections...

Fingers firmly crossed about tomorrow's meetings and discussions. A lot rests on it...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Best of luck tomorrow Dave - we'll be checking back with baited breath!

Ian.

Anonymous said...

All the best for today Dave. Am keeping everything crossed that I can.

Love Mai xxx

PS typing with fingers crossed is like using a keboard for the first time. Ah nostalgia! x

Anonymous said...

The very best of luck Dave. My thoughts are with you.


Tasha xxxxx