Saturday, December 10, 2005

Home at last!

I'm back at home with my dad in Watford. Had a pretty revolting morning with the nurse trying *4* times, painfully and mostly unsuccessfully, to take some blood from me. My veins are all pretty tender and sore anyway, so this didn't help! Apart from that the journey home was easy and I'm happily enjoying nice food and freedom back at home with the prospect of needles in sight for quite a while!

My right-side is pretty sore still after the biopsy. I can't raise my right-arm, or hold anything with any weight at any distance from my body as it strains the muscle and hurts, but apparently this will all fade over the next couple of days or so. I think I'm supposed to see Dr. O'Grady next week, if I can get an appointment, when he will tell me what conclusions he's come to. Exciting stuff, but for now I'm just focusing on recovery.

Things I won't miss:
- needles
- being woken up at 6am for "obs" (blood pressure/temperature check)
- manky food, with Sister telling me off for not "using the facilities provided"
- riduclously sweaty room
- paying outrageous amounts for internet

Things I will miss:
- magic button to press whenever I want someone
- Doctors coming in every day to see how I am and take medication decision straight away
- being in south london, in a more visitable location than Watford!

1 comment:

Del said...

Good to hear you're back home! Sorry i didn't manage to get to you this week. Working late at work most nights :( Xmas is deceptively busy.

Hope the results go your way.