Sunday, December 18, 2005

Being normal!

Just back from a Christmas party. Ok, so I left incredibly early, but its the first normal social thing I have been to for over 3 months, so its quite an achievement! General comments: "Oh, you're not yellow at all really are you", and "Wow Dave, you're looking well - thin, but well!"

Not too shabby! I also sported the most gratuitous silly christmas decorations of anyone there. I always like the set the tone...

A generally successful couple of days, and nights. Slept about 9 hours the first night, and a whopping 13 last night! Catching up maybe. Maybe just recovering from my endless eating. I've got the bit between my teeth now that I seem to be gaining a little weight, so I'm usually to be found stuffing my face somewhere. It would be nice to be back to a normal sort of size by 2006 - and Christmas seems like as good a time as any to eat a lot!

I'm going to stay with my brother for a few days. We haven't really spent much time together since the funeral, so it'll be nice to catch up before the big family Christmas hits. At least Christmas isn't going to feel too unusual - even last year Mum was in South Africa. I'll miss the phonecall though. Little things...

So in general, life is mostly on the up. I think there's a chance that this current recovery could take me back to something like normal life, but at least if it doesn't I know there's a transplant at the end of the tunnel anyway. Still, it would be nice to put that off for a few years if I can get in control of the symptoms... Roll on 2006!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds hopeful, have a good Christmas, J