Friday, December 09, 2005

Job's a good 'un

I've finally been told I don't have to lie on my side any more. I've been stuck in the same position for a few hours to keep pressure on the tiny little hole they dug to do this liver biopsy, but it all seems fine now.

The procedure itself really wasn't bad at all. Felt a tiny bit of the local anaesthetic injections, but the biopsy itself took only a few seconds, then was all over. I have got a fairly achey pain in my right shoulder, apparently because the nerves radiate from the spine by the liver to the shoulder, or something. Anyway, nothing to write home about.

I'm still totally exhausted as I hardly slept at all again last night, so I was both tired and dopey from being drugged up with painkillers all night. Still, quite exciting to think that all the tests that could possibly be done have now been finished, and that I'm almost certainly going home tomorrow!

No comments: