Saturday, March 28, 2009

The fun continues

It's still good! Friday I went and viewed three flats as I continue my quest to find the ideal place to move to this summer. Nothing has struck me yet as perfect, most of them are still asking too much money. I think that given prices are still heading down then I might as well wait for something pretty bargain-basement or just go and rent instead.

I also got measured up and fitted for my morning suit for Chris and Hazel's wedding which is coming up in a few weeks. Very exciting. I've now finished all the things I need to do to organise Chris's stag do which is this coming Saturday.

Today I got up and about fairly quickly so that I could head in to Watford town centre to buy some rather overdue birthday presents for two of my nephews. I have been rather poor of late in Uncle duties, but hopefully given the circumstances I can get away with it this time! One of the presents involved downloading a dinosaur game from the internet, and burning it on to a CD. I absolutely sweat blood trying to create a CD label for it, and managed to scare Dad to death when I emitted a shriek of frustration and irritation when Carole's PC crashed on me. He rather mistook it for pain, though I've pointed out to him that he has been yelling blue murder in the kitchen for nothing more than dropping a knife on the floor for my entire life. Still, I shall be glad when everyone around me is able to relax and not be concerned for my health. It takes its toll, but I know there's not a lot I can do about it other than carry on getting well!

This afternoon I headed up to St. Albans and took my brother and little Patrick up to Luton to pick up their new car. As it took a long time I ended up amusing Patrick by sitting him on my lap as we drove very slowly around the car park, and he got to push the gear stick. Unfortunately when Charles came to heave him back in to his child seat in the back of the car he decided it was the time to demonstrate his new-found grip of steel on the steering wheel and complained loudly. It took two adults to prize him away, and then a fairly frantic effort of distracting him while I returned him home with Charles following close behind in the new car.

This evening I'm sitting in the kitchen at Dad and Carole's with pop music blaring out of their radio at full volume (thank goodness for detached houses). I'm on my own at the moment, and having very wistful thoughts about being out at a club on a Saturday night, so this is the best I can do to simulate that, aside, I suppose, from flicking the lights on and off very quickly. Dad and Carole will soon be returning from Croydon where they've been at baby Isaac's first birthday party. 

I'm looking forward to tomorrow where the plan is currently to meet two of my friends for lunch then go and watch the boat race in a pub. In the evening I'm going down to the Camden Roundhouse with another friend and we're going to watch a quite incredible-sounding circus/acrobatic performance, where you apparently stand in the middle of the auditorium while they tumble and swing around you! I'm also already looking forward to going in to work a couple of times next week.

It's all feeling good, touch wood!

No comments: