Thursday, March 12, 2009

Houston, we may have a problem (again)

Luck. Not something I appear to be having much of at the moment.

Having started eating today and feeling fine, I started noticing early afternoon that my stomach was a little bloated. I figured that it would probably clear, and as the afternoon as gone on I've been more vigorously rubbing, moving, stretching, jumping, etc. but my abdomen just keeps getting more bloated, and rumbling away but nothing seems to be moving down below despite repeated attempts to get it to do so, and it is beginning to feel rather tight and uncomfortable, though not yet painful. This does rather suggest that maybe there is some sort of obstruction remaining after all, so I've just rather reluctantly conceded that perhaps it needs looking at and told my nurse who is informing the medics.

The chances of me leaving tomorrow are receding quickly, methinks... as for any other consequences, well, we'll just have to see.

I think I deserve a lucky break fairly soon, I really do...

EDIT: 20:45 - Doc says it probably isn't obstruction, but can't decide whether it's more likely constipation or diarrhoea from the symptoms I described so is going to 'wait and see'. Can't quite decide which i'd prefer(!)

PS Picture of me I just took, looking stubbly:

No comments: