Thursday, March 12, 2009

Update

Professor Rela has just had a look at me and decided that he doesn't want to operate on me. He doesn't think it makes sense for me to undergo major surgery when I am looking so well-recovered and doing well after the transplant. 

If this does unfortunately reoccur then I am to go to my local A&E and tell them to transfer me directly to Kings for surgery. I also requested, successfully, that they prescribe me a couple of Buscopan tablets to take on the way to A&E to start relieving the pain and spasm.

With a bit of luck this won't happen again, and I'll get away with it! If it does happen, I know what it is and don't have to panic that it is liver rejection, and I know what to do and what to expect. 

Assuming all remains well I will be discharged from Kings tomorrow, and will head home by taxi and get on with recovery. Fingers crossed, for several reasons!

No comments: