Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Day 12 - Pain in the morning

Not a nice morning so far. I've just had a really good night's sleep - around 8 hours. However at 6am I woke up with quite bad abdominal pain and had to get a top-up painkiller injection. I fell asleep again and woke up an hour later feeling fine, but then the pain started again around 7:45 and got worse for the next 30 mins. It comes in waves and is a mix of a sort of stomach ache with heartburn. It's in an odd position - not really over the wound where the pain has been before. I've just had another painkiller injection and it's dulled it a bit, though I'm still definitely uncomfortable. I'm hoping the next wave of pain isn't too bad.

Hmm. Doctors coming round within the next hour so I'm going to report to them and will report back...

Otherwise yesterday was very good. Once I'd got over the minor disappointment of a changed leaving day, I sat up out of bed most of the day and went for quite a few walks. I had a nice afternoon with Dad and Carole, and then in the evening my old school friend Alex came round and we went for dinner in the canteen. I ate a little more than usual and felt good about it!

Today is a little odd. As everyone thought I was going home today I have nobody planning to visit! So if you're reading this and fancy popping in, then please do feel free...

No comments: