Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Dodgy morning - day 6

I slept pretty well last night, only when I woke up at around 6am I felt a bit droopy and they told me I have a temperature of 38. They've taken some blood cultures this morning which will tell us useful things in about 48 hours.

In the meantime I feel a bit hot and bothered, a little bit in pain, and a bit dozy. Some of the doziness may be because I'm now taking Tramadol for pain instead of the painkiller I was on yesterday - Tramadol does have this effect on me.

I might call the nurse and ask for a top-up injection of oxy-codeine. The physio decided to not try and do anything particular with me today while I'm feeling slightly rough.

I'm yet to see any doctors on round, hopefully they'll give me the nod for soft solid food today - although actually i'm not looking forward to it as much now as I was yesterday as I suspect I'll feel a little nautious.

1 comment:

Marc Ziman said...

hey Dave, glad it's been such a success, really pleased for you. There's bound to be a few discomforts along the way but you seem to be in good spirits. Keep up the posts