Thursday, February 12, 2009

Rest of day 6 and night time.

I was definitely in a little more pain than during day 5, all though part of that is due to a downgrade of my baseline painkillers. Some of the fluid retention seemed to go down during the day, and my temperature normalised quite quickly. They changed my dressing and the wound looked pretty clean and in good condition.

I started on some solid food. I did ok at lunch with a few pieces of ravioli, but didn't manage much food at all at dinner. Generally the food here is not very good and tends towards overcooked/over-thickened.

My Dad and Carole spent much of the afternoon with me, and I also saw a couple of friends too. Had to cancel on my friend Alex in the evening sadly as I just felt a bit too knackered.

I slept reasonably well, though did experience an odd pain in my left-abdomen both front and back. My nurse has scheduled a doctor to come and talk to me about it, but reckons it's probably nothing more than a muscular thing. We overcame it with a top up oxy-codine injection.

Today I hope to get some feedback from yesterday's chest x-ray, and the blood and urine cultures to hopefully confirm I have no infection. Also hopefully the puffiness of my legs will continue to go down as my kidneys ramp up better. Otherwise it's about pain-management and when that's ok making sure I get myself up and walking again.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sorry we haven't been in touch earlier, but Sarah did let us all know what was happening last week and I know Ian is better than me at reading your blog! Our thoughts are with you and I'm so glad to hear that most of the news is good! Well maybe painful, but ultimately it seems good. We were wondering if you were open for business, receiving visitors that is, this Sunday? obviously we'll watch the blog and not go if you're not having a good day and try and make sure we co-ordinate with the others so you're not mobbed!
Do you want any food bringing that might be tempting or would that make me a very bad, hospital-rule-breaking person ;-)
Keeping everything crossed for you, Joss xxx