Friday, February 20, 2009

Day 15 - Feeling better about it all

Well, I've cheered up no end now. At 3pm my temperature was a perfectly healthy 37.0, and I haven't felt like I'm getting ill at all. To be honest my theory is that my body is being a little inadequate about regulating its own temperature. For example last night I was sat in a very hot room before they measured my temperature at 37.7, and it returned to normal this morning when I woke up in a nice cool room. After my hot shower it went back to 37.5, then after a relaxing afternoon in my room with the window open and a fresh breeze it was back to 37.0.

Ok, so it should be doing a better job at maintaining something healthy, but I don't believe it's indicative of infection. I'm hoping to get a clean bill of health tomorrow morning, but if the test results have not come back yet then I wouldn't be at all surprised if they say stay until Monday.

Dad came over at 4 today to cheer me up, although to be honest I'd already taken it on the chin and cheered myself up. We had a lovely chat, and then snuck out of the hospital to walk all the way down the road to Nandos chicken restaurant where I had an absolutely delicious meal. I now feel happily full, and it was lovely to have escaped for a bit (however naughty that may have been!)

They've started me on another drug - acyclovir. It's an antiviral treatment to deal with the raised level of EBV virus. I'm taking that 5 times a day for about a week probably, just to add to the mix of different substances!

Fingers crossed then for tomorrow.

No comments: