Sunday, February 22, 2009

Night 16

3:45am.

Just been woken up by Loudmouth Linda's evil sidekick: Warbling Wendy.

Since yesterday I've noticed that the great Double L has fallen silent. Now, perhaps she finally did get that help she was after, perhaps she lost her voice, or maybe she's been surreptitiously removed. Either way, her mysterious protégé has apparently now risen to the task of her replacement. Wendy (not her real name, I'm just too lazy to find out) has a more limited approach to sound-pollution. Averaging a strict yell-a-minute when in full-voice she has a thin reedy voice with an operatic vibrato. 9 times out of 10 she goes for the classic "Help!" but if you're lucky she'll throw in a "Please Someone Help Me" to break up the monotony.

She's a game player though, this Wendy, and she'll occasionally save up some "Help's" then let them all go in a great wave of shouting. Cunning.

(Author's note: for the first time ever she has just shouted "Harry!", just to spoil my writing I am sure. Damn it, now she's "Sorry Harry!" - I'm going to ignore this new ploy... no wait... phew, we're back to "Help").

And now that I've got that off my chest...

The ultrasound scan was very positive - they said it was all very good condition from what they could see. So now I'm really just waiting for *some* movement in the right direction of my LFTs (blood test numbers) by Monday, or else it's the dreaded biopsy for me.

I had a brilliant evening, with my friend Elias coming round. We snuck out and went down the road to the night-hotspot that is Camberwell and had a really nice Chinese meal. My appetite is returning but not quite there - I only managed 2 crispy duck pancakes and a couple of small bowls of rice with sweet-sour king prawns and chicken in black-bean sauce. But nevertheless, mmmmm!

Wendy's still at it, so I won't sleep for a while yet, but maybe on a Sunday I'll be allowed the odd half-hour lie-in? You can only hope...

No comments: