Sunday, February 08, 2009

Day 3

This has come straight from the horses mouth, via his typist and secretary, Charles. Currently lying on the bed in a bit of a spaced out stupor (that took 2 minutes to say - ed), due to a particularly exciting combination of drugs that my blood is generously laced with. Some of the drugs are doing good things, and some are preventing bad things. Some are also preventing the side effects of the drugs that are doing good things. Some are a plain mystery... My most exciting toy is a magic button that I can push as often as once every 10 minutes for an immediate morphine-style top up. I like this button. It's a bit of a tight rope act, negotiating between some pain, but compus mentis, or happy as larry and high as a kite.

Medical updates: Yesterday's ultrasound and today's CT scan show the liver has taken very well, and is healing in nicely. Each successive blood test result shows an improving picture, with my ALTs having already come down from 1700 to about 500 (high is bad).

Progress update: Sat up in a chair for an hour today (first time), which was a great sense of achievement, but made me feel like a bit of a geriatric. Stayed in a constant heightened state of paranoia about someone tripping over my catheter line (Mmmm, catheter). Currently awaiting a bed in Todd ward, and as soon as one becomes available, I'll be shipped down there for the remainder of my stay in hospital. I remain utterly nil by mouth, until Tuesday evening all likelihood (no eating in front of me please, otherwise I may to beat you around the head with my full catheter bag.

Dave fell asleep here - we'll carry on later (-ed)

No comments: