Monday, February 16, 2009

Morning of Day 11 - Not going home tomorrow - Boo!

Disappointing way to start the day. I've just been told I'm not going home tomorrow after all. One of the liver function blood tests they watch is Aspartate transaminase or AST, and they were hoping it would have returned to completely normal levels by now. However mine has not quite come down all the way to normal yet, so they don't want me to go until they've been able to monitor it and are sure that it is going to get there. It suggests that there was some minor liver damage during the surgery - not at all uncommon - and they want to make sure it heals up properly.

So, might be in here a few more days yet sadly. I'm not going to get hung up over a specific date and I intend to just go with the flow and keep doing my best to get better while I'm in here. Better be safe than sorry anyway. The boredom is more likely to creep back in now though, so visitors feel free to keep coming.

Apart from that yesterday was great. They took the last little fluid bag off me last night, so I have absolutely no tubes, needles, pipes or bags in me anywhere. The wound is healing nicely, and I'm getting increasingly mobile. I had 10 visitors yesterday - my room got a bit crowded at times. Was lovely to see everyone though.

More news as I get it...

No comments: