Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Day 13 - Loudmouth Linda

What a delight this ward has become. Somewhere down the hall is a lady called Linda, apparently. Linda has brought a new and 'exciting' atmosphere to the ward with her constant yelling of "OH GOD PLEASE HELP ME, OH GOD, NOOOOO, PLEASE, SOMEBODY HELP ME, OH GOD, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE" followed by a loud retching noise, then a long wailing cry with sobs, then start again from the beginning.

I'm afraid I don't have any sympathy as she is refusing to take any painkillers, refusing to talk to the nurses, and just shouting them down with more yelling. The nurses are clearly at their wits end. If my eavesdropping skills have not deserted me she also has a family who come in every so often, shout at and abuse the nurses then leave again.

What fun.

Anyway, apart from that I'm feeling pretty good. Just had a larger-than-normal breakfast after a decent night's sleep (apart from the occasional waking by Linda). I'm now self-medicating though there was some argument last night over whether the medication schedule I had been given accurately reflected the doctor's prescription. That'll be resolved this morning with a bit of luck.

More later...

No comments: